Justin is located at the intersection of FM 407 and 156, 4 miles north of Hwy 114 and the Texas Motor Speedway. The area was originally settled by a band of French colonists who, in 1848, established the Icarian Colony. The community was abandoned a year later, and the area remained sparsely populated until the early 1880s. Justin began in 1883 with the sale of town lots owned by Chet Helm and a man named Riley. Within the year, a general store opened, and the community became a center for farmers. Four years later, the Santa Fe extended its rail line from Fort Worth to Purcell, Oklahoma, laying tracks near the growing community. In January 1887, the community petitioned postal authorities for a post office to be named Justin in honor of Justin Sherman, chief engineer of the Santa Fe rail line. By 1886, Justin had a population of 100, a general store, a grocery, a hotel and a cotton gin. The addition of grain elevators, frozen-food lockers, and paved roads established Justin as a shipping point for agricultural products. The city has grown tremendously since its establishment and is still an active, agricultural-based community.
Justin is in close proximity to the Dallas/Fort Worth area and offers a rural landscape with a small town atmosphere which includes complete neighborhood amenities, dining, entertainment and retail.