Dallas’ direct neighbor to the north, Farmers Branch offers visitors a hometown personality and ease with big-city convenience. Located on the north side of Interstate 635 and west of the Dallas Tollway, Farmers Branch sits 15 minutes from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and Love Field Airport and offers 12 hotels and motels on Interstate 35 and Interstate 635. The DART Rail Green Line Farmers Branch Station allows visitors easy access to all that the Dallas area has to offer.
Four major shopping malls are minutes away: Galleria, Grapevine Mills/ Bass Pro Shop, Valley View and Willow Bend. The birthplace of Dallas County, Farmers Branch features a 26-acre Historical Park with structures dating back to the 1800s.
Farmers Branch is also home to the Dr. Pepper StarCenter, an all-purpose facility that encompasses 95,000-square-feet, 11,000 of which is used as the City conference center. The StarCenter also includes two NHL regulation sheets of ice and StarStuff merchandise store. The City is also home to Rose Gardens with more than 200 different roses.
Things to do in Farmers Branch TX
- Visit the Farmers Branch Historical Park – a park with historic buildings, exhibits, and events showcasing the town’s history.
- Go shopping and dining at the nearby Galleria Dallas – an upscale shopping center with several shops, restaurants, and a skating rink.
- Attend a concert or event at the nearby Toyota Music Factory – an entertainment complex with several venues for live music, comedy, and other events.
- Go on a picnic or hike at the nearby Brookhaven Nature Park – a park with hiking trails, picnic areas, and wildlife viewing opportunities.
- Visit the nearby Zero Gravity Thrill Amusement Park – an amusement park with extreme rides, such as bungee jumping and a free-fall tower.
- Go golfing at the nearby Brookhaven Country Club – a private golf course with beautiful views and challenging holes.
- Attend a movie or event at the nearby AMC Village on the Parkway – a movie theater with several screens and IMAX.
- Go fishing or boating at the nearby Bachman Lake – a lake with fishing piers, boat rentals, and picnic areas.
- Visit the nearby Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden – a beautiful garden with several exhibits, events, and activities throughout the year.
- Explore the nearby Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex – a large metropolitan area with several attractions, including museums, theme parks, and sports stadiums.