Richardson is a uniquely sophisticated first-ring suburb of Dallas minutes from North Texas’ best shopping, night-life, museums, sporting events and performing arts.
Richardson’s key advantage is Location & Access – three major freeways, four DART light rail commuter stations, and non-stop freeway access that provides an average of 23 minutes from Love Field or DFW International airport.
Richardson Texas offers 15 hotels with amazing service and competitive rates, award-winning family festivals, 250 plus dining experiences, 120-plus unique to Richardson restaurants from traditional American to exotic ethnic cuisines, nationally ranked championship golf courses, 33 beautiful parks and more than 40 miles of walkway, recreational hike and bike trails.
The City of Richardson takes great pride in its award-winning festivals, which feature a variety of musical entertainment, one-of-a-kind food vendors & cafés, shopping, kid-friendly fun, interactive displays, traditional crafts, and fine arts. Special yearly city events include the Wildflower! Arts & Music Festival, the Cottonwood Art Festival, July 4th Festival, and Huffhines Art Trails. You and your family can have a weekend of art, music, and entertainment!
When it comes to cultural entertainment, few destinations can offer the variety and range that Richardson, Texas offers. The State of the Art Eisemann Center for Performing Arts and Corporate Presentation anchors the arts scene in Richardson. The Eisemann Center offers a wide range of programming from all reaches of arts and culture. Eisemann Center Presents (EPC) offers an eclectic lineup of comedy, music, theater and dance productions in the spectacular Hill Performance Hall.
In addition to the Eisemann Center, The University of Texas at Dallas School of Arts & Humanities offers a year-round slate of programming that spans across all artistic mediums. Theatrical, dance and music performances from world-renowned artists can be enjoyed regularly at this distinguished university. Or suppose you like to mix your culture and culinary experiences. In that case, visitors won’t want to miss the opportunity to check out DFW China Town, offering one of the most authentic Asian cuisine experiences in North Texas.
Lastly for our fans of all things movies, Richardson offers Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, rated DFW’s #1 movie theater by D Magazine. This iconic venue provides newly released and culturally iconic movies, in state-of-the-art theaters, all of which is paired with craft beers and a menu that is 95 percent made from scratch. Alamo Drafthouse Cinema truly provides entertainment for all five of your senses.
Things to do in Richardson TX
Richardson is a vibrant city in North Texas with plenty of things to see and do. Here are some popular attractions and activities in Richardson:
- Eisemann Center for Performing Arts – a performing arts venue that hosts a variety of concerts, plays, and other live performances.
- Breckinridge Park – a large park with hiking trails, picnic areas, playgrounds, and a lake.
- Richardson Farmers Market – a weekly farmers market that features fresh produce, artisanal goods, and live music.
- Heights Park – a neighborhood park with a playground, picnic areas, and walking trails.
- The Charles W. Eisemann Center for Performing Arts – a state-of-the-art performing arts center that hosts a variety of concerts, plays, and other live performances.
- Spring Creek Nature Area – a nature preserve with hiking trails, birdwatching opportunities, and scenic views.
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema – a movie theater that offers food and drinks during screenings.
- Richardson Mercantile – an antique and vintage marketplace with over 200 vendors selling unique and eclectic items.
- Four Bullets Brewery – a local brewery that offers craft beer tastings and tours.
- The Heights Family Aquatic Center – a family-friendly aquatic center with a splash pad, pool, and water slides.