Downtown Sherman is thriving with a diverse mix of boutiques, eateries, art galleries, museums, performance venues, and more. This eclectic neighborhood still has room to grow with new businesses opening at every corner. No matter what you are looking for, there is always something unique to discover, from local retailers (such as The Foxy Bird, Interior Home Store, and A Touch of Class Antique Mall) to original cuisine and ambience at Willie Jim’s Pie Co, Blue Door Café, and Fulbelli’s Restaurant. We also have boutiques like our wonderful Pop Pop Popcorn, Pickles and Pottery, and many more!
Downtown Sherman is also home to the Hot Summer Nights free concert series every Thursday night during June and July. This signature Sherman event started in 1995 with the simple thought of bringing residents together as a community through a shared love of music. Today thousands of locals and visitors gather around the gazebo stage on the municipal lawn downtown to relax and enjoy live music. Don’t forget to bring your own chair or blanket, and stock up your cooler!
Autumn and Arts Fest is Sherman’s annual fall festival, complete with food and crafts vendors, live music, karate and dance demonstrations, an art show and Art Walk and much more. Autumn Fest will be hosted on the Municipal Grounds and Mulberry Street this year and in the future. After the festival, stay over to explore downtown Sherman and our amazing Sherman Town Center Retailers, such as Old Navy, Best Buy, Hobby Lobby, and Harley Davidson Store.
Things to do in Sherman TX
Here are some things to do in Sherman, TX:
- Eisenhower Birthplace State Historic Site: Visit the birthplace and childhood home of the 34th President of the United States, Dwight D. Eisenhower.
- Harber Wildlife Museum: Explore the natural world through the museum’s collection of taxidermy animals and educational exhibits.
- Kelly Square: Check out the historic downtown square with its unique shops, restaurants, and events.
- Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge: Take a scenic drive or hike the trails at this wildlife refuge and spot a variety of bird species and other wildlife.
- Sherman Jazz Museum: Learn about the history of jazz and its influence on American culture at this unique museum.
- The Sherman Museum: Discover the history of Sherman and the surrounding area through exhibits, artifacts, and interactive displays.
- The Splash: Cool off at this family-friendly water park with water slides, a lazy river, and a wave pool.
- Texoma Medical Center Farmers Market: Shop for locally grown produce and handmade crafts at this popular farmers market.
- Fairview Park: Enjoy a picnic, play disc golf, or stroll through the scenic walking trails at this popular park.
- Red River Historical Museum: Explore the history of the Red River Valley through exhibits, artifacts, and educational programs at this local museum.