Located just 26 miles west of Fort Worth off Interstate 20, Weatherford offers travelers a unique experience with a nostalgic driving tour through tree-lined lanes boasting a wealth of Victorian and turn-of-the-century homes. Weatherford’s historic downtown area features antique and specialty shops and restaurants housed in restored buildings. To enjoy the outdoors, visit the city’s new 3.6-mile-long Town Creek Hike and Bike Trail, which runs parallel to Santa Fe Drive.
Annual Weatherford events include the Parker County Sheriff’s Posse Rodeo held in June; the Parker County Peach Festival and Peach Pedal Bike Ride on the Second Saturday in July; and Candlelight Tour of Homes, Christmas on the Square and Christmas Parade, all held in December. Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday preceding the first Monday of each month, Weatherford hosts First Monday Trade Days.
Things to do in Weatherford TX
Weatherford is a city in Parker County, Texas, and offers plenty of activities for visitors to enjoy. Here are some of the things to do in Weatherford, TX:
- Visit the Chandor Gardens: This beautiful garden was designed and created by artist Douglas Chandor, and it features a wide variety of plants, flowers, and trees.
- Take a tour of the Doss Heritage and Culture Center: This center showcases the rich cultural heritage of Parker County through interactive exhibits, artifacts, and art.
- Explore the Clark Gardens Botanical Park: This 35-acre park features beautiful gardens, waterfalls, fountains, and a variety of plants and flowers.
- Visit the Canyon West Golf Course: This 18-hole golf course is perfect for golf enthusiasts of all skill levels and features beautiful countryside views.
- Check out the Parker County Courthouse: This historic courthouse was built in 1886 and is a beautiful example of late 19th-century architecture.
- Go horseback riding at Benbrook Stables: Located just a short drive from Weatherford, Benbrook Stables offers guided horseback rides through beautiful countryside.
- Take a hike or bike ride on the trails at Lake Mineral Wells State Park: This park offers miles of scenic trails for hiking, biking, and horseback riding, as well as camping and fishing opportunities.
- Explore the vintage shops and boutiques in downtown Weatherford: Downtown Weatherford is home to a variety of charming shops and boutiques selling everything from antiques to handmade crafts.
- Attend a performance at the Weatherford Community Theatre: This local theatre company puts on a variety of productions throughout the year, including plays, musicals, and children’s theatre.
- Visit the Museum of the Americas: This museum showcases the art, history, and culture of the Americas, with a focus on indigenous art and artifacts.