The City of Hurst is approaching the halfway point of the decade with gusto. Economic Development is booming after the historic North Tarrant Express project was completed, making access into our area easier and more convenient for shoppers and visitors. Home sales are at a record high in Hurst for the third consecutive year, and the city is more vibrant than ever. We welcomed more than 60,000 visitors through the doors of the Hurst Conference Center, bringing an influx of excitement and shoppers to the HEB area. The city also christened the new state-of-the-art Justice Center as part of the Transforming Hurst redevelopment initiative.
Redevelopment and revitalization continue to be a focus as the City of Hurst enters into the latter half of a transformative decade. The Hurst City Council continues to strategically address our current needs while also planning for future growth. By transforming sections of the city that serve our citizens today, Hurst will continue to serve its citizens for decades to come.
While Hurst is excited for its future, its also pretty proud of its city today. Hurst is home to some of the best parks and recreation facilities in the area. The police department is one of only a few accredited agencies in the state through CALEA (Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies) and recently received national recognition from IACP (International Association for Chiefs of Police) for their partnership with MHMR and Tarrant County for community policing initiatives. Perhaps the most significant achievement in recent years is the Hurst Conference Center. The opening of this crown jewel in 2010 signified an influx of thousands of new visitors annually. If you’re ever in town, stop by and visit the Hurst Conference Center. You’ll be glad you did!
Things to do in Hurst TX
Hurst, TX is a small city located in the mid-cities region between Fort Worth and Dallas. Here are some things to do in Hurst:
- Visit the Chisholm Park – a park with several sports fields, walking trails, and a fishing lake.
- Go shopping at the North East Mall – a mall with several stores and restaurants.
- Take a dip in the NRH2O Family Water Park – a nearby water park with several water slides and attractions.
- Explore the Tarrant County College Northeast Campus – a college campus with several events and activities throughout the year.
- Go bowling at the Brunswick Zone Watauga – a bowling alley with several lanes, arcade games, and a snack bar.
- Visit the Mountasia Family Fun Center – an entertainment center with mini-golf, go-karts, arcade games, and more.
- Take a day trip to the nearby Six Flags Over Texas – a theme park with several rides and attractions.
- Attend the annual Hurst Stars and Stripes Independence Day Celebration – a celebration with food vendors, live entertainment, and a fireworks display.
- Explore the Hurst Community Park – a park with several playgrounds, picnic spots, and walking trails.
- Go ice skating at the NYTEX Sports Centre – an ice skating rink with public skating sessions and ice hockey games.