Roanoke offers a unique quality of life with small-town charm and the amenities of a big city in the heart of the Metroplex. Residents enjoy our heritage dating to the 1840s and the best amenities, including our popular downtown gathering place.
Roanoke was named the Unique Dining Capital of Texas, featuring over 40 restaurants and unique shops.
Visit Downtown Roanoke, enjoy shopping and our unique restaurants while you discover the timeless friendly charm that is Roanoke today!
Things to do in Roanoke TX
Roanoke is a small city located in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex area. Here are some things to do in Roanoke:
- Unique Shopping – Roanoke’s historic downtown area offers a variety of unique shops and boutiques to explore, such as Roanoke Trading Company and Cowtown Winery.
- Hawaiian Falls Water Park – This family-friendly water park features a lazy river, wave pool, water slides, and other water attractions.
- Texas Motor Speedway – Located just a few miles away from Roanoke, the Texas Motor Speedway is home to NASCAR and IndyCar racing events.
- Dine at the Unique Restaurants – Roanoke is renowned for its delicious and unique dining options. Some of the popular options include Babe’s Chicken Dinner House, Hard Eight BBQ, and the Classic Cafe.
- Downtown Roanoke Walking Tour – Take a self-guided walking tour of Roanoke’s historic downtown district and learn about the city’s rich history.
- Nightlife – Enjoy live music and entertainment at the 3 Vino’s and Cinnamon Creek Ranch.
- Oak Street Pie and Candy Co. – Indulge in some sweet treats at this charming bakery and candy store located in Roanoke’s historic downtown area.
- Trophy Club Park – Located just a few miles from Roanoke, this park offers hiking trails, fishing, and picnic areas.
- Fossil Rim Wildlife Center – Explore a 1,800-acre wildlife preserve that is home to over 1,100 animals from 50 different species.
- Roanoke Community Park – A beautiful park with a playground, basketball and volleyball courts, and a walking trail.