Greenville is located just 45 miles northeast of the Dallas/Fort Worth area in the heart of East Texas. Home to over 26,000 residents, Greenville offers a variety of shopping and dining opportunities that range from major national names to one-of-a-kind restaurants and boutiques. Shop for the latest fashions and home furnishings at The Calico Cat, then sit back and enjoy a glass of wine at the local winery, Landon. If you have a sweet tooth, be sure to taste the award-winning berry custard pie from Ain’t Just Pie.
Arts and entertainment abound in Greenville. The lovingly restored Texan Theatre provides an intimate setting for dinner and a show with top national artists. The 1,700-seat, Art Deco-inspired Greenville Municipal Auditorium is home to concerts, plays, dance and The Dallas Symphony. Try The Corner Pub or Blue Mesquite Grill if local music is your scene.
For the visual art lover, Greenville is home to several local artists, ranging from folk to funk. As part of the Hunt County Arts Project, 2 unique murals are being created on local businesses downtown, each inspiring a nod to the heritage of Hunt County. Throughout Downtown Greenville, you will find artist studios tucked away in historic buildings; if you want to express your creativity, visit Downtown Art Party and walk away with your own personal creation.
We are also proud of our heritage. Explore 1 of 6 Downtown locations on the National Register of Historic Places or discover the life of the most decorated soldier of World War II at the Audie Murphy American Cotton Museum. You can discover a bygone era by retracing the path of the historic Bankhead Highway, the country’s first transcontinental highway that took motorists right through Greenville.
Things to do in Greenville TX
Greenville, TX is a small city located in the northeastern region of Texas. Here are some things to do in Greenville:
- Visit the Audie Murphy/American Cotton Museum – a museum that showcases the history of the American cotton industry and the life of Audie Murphy, a World War II hero.
- Explore the Graham Park – a park with several picnic spots, playgrounds, and walking trails.
- Attend the Greenville Farmers Market – a market held on Saturdays with fresh produce, handmade goods, and other local products.
- Go fishing or boating at Lake Tawakoni – a nearby lake with several recreational activities.
- Take a tour of the Texan Theater – a historic theater that now serves as a music and event venue.
- Visit the Fletcher Warren Civic Center – a community center with several events and activities throughout the year.
- Take a scenic drive along the Bois d’Arc Lake – a beautiful area with several parks and picnic spots.
- Play a round of golf at the Webb Hill Country Club – a golf course with beautiful views of the countryside.
- Attend the annual Hunt County Fair – a fair held in September with carnival rides, food vendors, and live entertainment.
- Visit the nearby Cooper Lake State Park – a park with hiking trails, camping, and fishing opportunities.