When you visit Southlake, you’ll see why over 26,000 people call Southlake home! Discover the hundreds of shops, restaurants and businesses that also call it home. You’ll find everything you are looking for and more! From Town Square and Bicentennial Park to the Bob Jones Nature Center and Preserve, Southlake has it all. Whether you’re in town for a day or a decade, a community of hardworking, neighborly folks welcomes visitors to Southlake with a Texas-sized hello. One of the safest cities in the Dallas Metroplex, the charm of Southlake manifests all year long. Southlake welcomes you to visit and enjoy it.
Southlake is the perfect playground. Work the knives like Wolfgang with a cooking class at Central Market, ride the slides at the Marq community center pool (coming Summer 2016!), let your mind unwind with a Moroccan oil-infused massage from a local spa or catch an outdoor concert at the Masterworks Music Series held every spring. Don’t miss the renowned Bob Jones Nature Trail.
There is so much for you to do while in Southlake. It’s a hidden treasure of tranquility in the middle of the Metroplex. With its signature shady awnings, live oak trees and gentle fountains, shopping in Southlake Town Square feels like a stroll in the park. Offering both world-renowned retailers and one-of-a-kind boutique stores, fine shopping and elegance are easy to find in Southlake. Get inspired to organize at The Container Store, gather your gear at the newly opened Columbia PFG Store or ham up your party look at The Impeccable Pig, where you’ll leave looking anything but piggish. With nearly 260 retail venues, Southlake puts the perfect spin on shopping.
After a day around town, treat yourself to a wholesome spread from one of Southlake’s local eateries. Boasting more than 130 restaurants, breezy patios, casual bars and upscale lounges, Southlake caters to many tastes. Sample globally-inspired dishes and specialty cocktails at TruFire. Pass plates heaping with traditional Italian family fare on the outdoor patio at il Calabrese Ristorante & Bar or satisfy your sweet tooth with a cupcake from Smallcakes.
Not even the Texas heat keeps Southlakers from celebrating the holiday season accordingly. Stop by the city’s Home for the Holidays festival to tell Santa how good you’ve been this year. But be careful, you really might get snow in your hair. Prefer warmer festivities? Comb the booths for the perfect addition to your collection at the annual Art in the Square festival each April, stake out a spot under the fireworks at the Stars and Stripes 4th of July celebration and cheer on costumed wiener dogs as they race for first place at Oktoberfest.
Whether you’re celebrating a holiday or creating your own, do it in Southlake, where simple gatherings turn into special celebrations with the perfect touch of flair.
No matter what the season, there is always something fun and exciting happening in Southlake. Here you’ll find events that cater to your inner artist and festive spirit, your taste for adventure and your holiday cheer.
Things to do in Southlake TX
Here are some things to do in Southlake, TX:
- Southlake Town Square: Visit the heart of Southlake and shop at over 120 stores, dine at local restaurants, and attend events on the town square.
- Bob Jones Nature Center and Preserve: Hike, birdwatch, or learn about this nature preserve’s local flora and fauna.
- Bicentennial Park: Play at this beautiful park with sports fields, a playground, a lake, and picnic areas.
- Legends Hall at The Marq: Explore this event venue and museum with exhibits on Southlake’s history and sports heritage.
- Southlake Tennis Center: Play tennis or take lessons at this award-winning tennis center.
- Southlake Carroll Dragon Stadium: Attend a high school football game at this state-of-the-art stadium.
- Gateway Church: Worship or attend events at this large church with multiple campuses.
- The Marq Southlake: Work out, take fitness classes, or swim at this community center with a gym, indoor and outdoor pools, and a rock climbing wall.
- Timarron Country Club: Play golf, swim, or attend events with beautiful grounds and facilities at this country club.
- Grapevine Lake: Enjoy outdoor activities like fishing, boating, and hiking at this nearby lake.