Flower Mound is a vibrant, highly sought after suburb in the Dallas metropolitan area located just minutes away from world-famous attractions like Six Flags over Texas, the Fort Worth Zoo, and The Stockyards. With its close proximity to two major international airports, commuting to and from Flower Mound couldn’t be easier. Residents enjoy access to premier entertainment options, dining destinations, and a plethora of shopping opportunities like the Grapevine Mills Mall and Bass Pro Shops.
Despite being so near the city, Flower Mound has maintained its small-town charm by preserving green spaces like The Acreage and Unity Park. In addition to offering ample outdoor recreational activities such as camping, hiking, and fishing, these sites also provide public art displays, special events and educational programming for families.
For those seeking an enriching cultural experience, Flower Mound offers plenty of entertainment options, including live theater performances at the Music Theatre of Texas and concerts at the LIFESTYLE Pavilion. In addition, there are numerous other community activities such as farmers markets, outdoor movie screenings, and 4th of July fireworks. With its vibrant culture, welcoming atmosphere and endless amenities, it’s no wonder that Flower Mound is one of the most desirable places to call home in the Lone Star State.
Things to Do in Flower Mound, TX
Flower Mound is a vibrant and diverse community located in the heart of the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. With plenty of outdoor activities, cultural attractions, and family-friendly events, there’s something for everyone to enjoy in this charming Texas town. Here are some of the best things to do in Flower Mound. Here are ten of the top attractions or things to do in Flower Mound, Texas:
- Twin Coves Park – This beautiful park offers camping, fishing, boating, hiking trails, and picnic areas.
- The Mound – The town is named after a large, 12.5-acre mound that sits in the center of town. Visitors can hike to the top for beautiful views of the surrounding area.
- River Walk – This beautiful trail runs along the shores of Lake Grapevine and offers scenic views and opportunities for boating, fishing, and hiking.
- Tour the Parks – Flower Mound has many beautiful parks, including Heritage Park, Stone Creek Park, and Rheudasil Park, which offer amenities like playgrounds, sports fields, and picnic areas.
- Visit the Flower Mound Farmers Market – This weekly market offers fresh produce, artisanal goods, and live music.
- Visit the Shops at Lakeside – This beautiful shopping center offers a variety of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options.
- Experience the Flower Mound Symphony Orchestra – This community orchestra offers a variety of concerts throughout the year.
- Explore the Flower Mound Public Library – The library offers a variety of events, workshops, and activities for all ages.
- Play Golf – Flower Mound has several beautiful golf courses, including Tour 18 and Bridlewood Golf Club.
- Visit the Flower Mound Community Activity Center – This community center offers a variety of fitness classes, sports leagues, and recreational activities for all ages.
Flower Mound Outdoor Activities
The town of Flower Mound is home to several parks and trails, offering plenty of opportunities to get outdoors and explore nature. Take a hike or bike ride on the Banks Trail along Lake Grapevine, or head up to Heritage Park to play a game of frisbee golf and practice your putting skills. If you’re looking to cool off after a day of adventure, spend an afternoon taking a dip in The Flo, Flower Mound’s newly renovated public pool.
Flower Mound Family Fun
There’s no shortage of fun things to do with the kids in Flower Mound. Spend the day at Hawaiian Falls Waterpark playing on thrilling slides and taking a float down the lazy river. Or, attend one of the many family-friendly events such as Movies in the Park or Skate Nights at the Roller Rink. And don’t forget about the weekly Farmers’ Market where you can peruse handmade arts and crafts, pick up fresh produce, and grab a bite to eat.
Cultural Attractions in Flower Mound
Discover the history of Flower Mound at local historical sites such as Old Settlers Park and Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area. Learn about the area’s rich Native American heritage at the Chisholm Trail Museum, or explore the murals and sculptures at Shepton Park. There are also plenty of galleries, theaters, and restaurants to choose from throughout town.