For lifelong memories, take a trip to Graham. America’s Largest Downtown Square calls Graham home. Only 90 minutes west of Fort Worth, and nestled in the beautiful North Texas Hill Country, Graham’s relaxed and welcoming atmosphere makes it the perfect escape. Off the beaten path and only a few short miles from Possum Kingdom Lake, Graham offers an authentic Texas experience complete with real cowboys and small town charm. Graham is where the stories portrayed in Lonesome Dove, The Searchers, and Black Fox took place. Explore Texas history with a walking and driving tour, visit Fort Belknap, buy original art at the Old Post Office Museum and Art Center, watch a rodeo at the Young County Arena, ride a horse at one of our area ranches, bike through the countryside, hunt on some of the best land in the North Texas area, fish on Lake Graham or Lake Eddleman, attend a world class concert through the Graham Concert Association Series or take a stroll around America’s Largest Downtown Square. And if you’re looking for the excitement of bagging a great antique or an eight-point buck, you can do it in Graham.
Things to do in Graham TX
Graham, TX is a small city located in the North Central region of Texas. Here are some things to do in Graham:
- Visit the Old Post Office Museum and Art Center – a historic building that now serves as a museum and art center.
- Take a hike or go fishing at the nearby Possum Kingdom Lake – a popular lake with beautiful views and several recreational activities.
- Explore the Fort Belknap Historic Site – a well-preserved fort that served as a military post in the mid-1800s.
- Attend a concert or performance at the Graham Regional Theatre – a local theatre with a variety of events throughout the year.
- Visit the Young County Arena – a venue for rodeos, livestock shows, and other events.
- Take a scenic drive along the Brazos River – a beautiful area with several picnic spots and recreational areas.
- Attend the annual Graham Balloon Festival – a hot air balloon festival held in October.
- Go shopping and dining in the historic downtown area – a charming area with several local shops, restaurants, and events.
- Play a round of golf at the Graham Country Club – a golf course with beautiful views of the countryside.
- Take a day trip to nearby attractions like the Possum Kingdom State Park or the Lake Palo Pinto State Park.