Located 100 miles outside the Metroplex, a trip to Paris will bring enjoyment for the entire family, and you won’t even need a Passport. The city features events all year long, including the Annual ASA Southwest Shootout Archery Tournament, the Tour de Paris bicycle rally, the Annual Rodeo, the Red River Valley Fair, the Professional Bull Riding Competition, the Festival of Pumpkins, the Holiday in Paris, as well as live theater productions. Pat Mayse Lake offers fabulous fishing, boating, skiing, picnicking and camping opportunities. For more outdoor adventures, Paris is home to three golf courses, as well as the Trail de Paris, a breathtaking 5.94-mile trail that winds a tree-canopied path through Paris to Reno. In the future, the trail plans to extend to 137 miles long, running from Farmersville to New Boston. Sites to see are also plentiful in Paris. The historic home of General Sam Bell Maxey, built in 1868, is open for tours daily, and the Paris Trolley Tours take you “back in time” to experience our rich heritage with informative tour guides. For more history, visit the Lamar County Historical Society Museum, a must-see with separate rooms filled with local treasures, or take a church or home tour. You can be sure that when you are here, you can experience Paris without leaving Texas.
Things to do in Paris TX
Paris is a city in Northeast Texas with a rich history and culture. Here are some things to do in Paris, TX:
- Lamar County Historical Museum – a museum that showcases the history of Lamar County and its people.
- Sam Bell Maxey House State Historic Site – a Victorian-era mansion that was home to a Confederate general during the Civil War.
- Plaza Arts Center – a performing arts center that hosts concerts, plays, and other cultural events.
- Eiffel Tower Park – a park with a replica of the Eiffel Tower that offers great photo opportunities.
- Paris Farmers Market – a weekly farmers market that offers fresh produce, baked goods, and other locally sourced products.
- Trail de Paris – a scenic trail that is popular for hiking and biking.
- The Paris Community Theatre – a community theatre that puts on plays and musicals throughout the year.
- Love Civic Center – a multipurpose event center that hosts concerts, trade shows, and other events.
- Downtown Paris – stroll the charming downtown area with boutique shops, antique stores and restaurants.
- Paris Vineyards Winery – a family-owned winery that offers wine tastings and tours.